2, 3: Held over from last week. I would like to avoid evaluating negative secrets' tone, but I would also like to stop time by snapping my fingers. Neither is likely to work.
If anyone considers mild personal criticisms like these to be bullying, this would be a good week to speak up.
20: Posted for truth: OP is onto us.
35: Thanks OP. I'd especially like to hear your thoughts on 2 and 3.
Three secrets held out: two social justice vigilantes and one about American politics (with nary a sim on it!)
Have a great weekend!
2012-11-10 01:20 am (UTC)
1. You are my favorite Simblr
2. Why are you so snippy? Chill out
3. You're kind of in love with yourself, aren't you?
4. Ppl dont know how to use Tumblr
5. I'm ugly inside and out
6. Not starting on 5x5 lot = not a legacy
7. I wish my mom did my homework when i was a kid
8. SimSecret should've been around during Sims 1
9. WAnt to be a guy to have a dick
10. Follow the forum rules quote lol
11. Uncomfortable panties
12. Fat irl, don't play fat Sims
13. GW2 > updating legacy
14. fuk u for making me register
15. be subtle if you're going to copy aikea's sims
16. grats to winners of myshuno
17. sims 2 is still better
18. too lazy and apathetic to vote
19. neat freak living with a slob
20. how many of you are seagulls because you love the drama
21. op op op op oppan SMUSTLE STYPLE!
22. you're pretty awesome thanks for being around
23. i live in a fucking ghetto
24. well played MTS photo booth
25. trying to go with the flow for legacy but want to do chapters etc
26. Ppl calling me lazy because i dont have a job
27. Feeling depressed and ppl are assholes about it
28. victoria george needs more love
29. ass is too fat for one chair
30. i just wanna do minor updates for my story
31. if it weren't for werewolves i wouldn't use pets
32. 20 myshuno blackouts
33. leopard print gabe uglacy
34. hi from llama land more
35. hoopty thanks for not having bullying
23. What mod is this that has the sims talk like this? I'm pretty sure I don't actually want it but I would like to see it for laughs.
2012-11-10 01:21 am (UTC)
I'm thinking they just named their Sim "BITCH". Could be wrong.
#6: Wrong. So long as the player family funds the family down to the proper amount that the 5x5 lot gives you (which is along the lines of $1000) then the player is able to play on a smaller lot. This was clarified a long time ago when people starting having major lag issues with those large lots.
Also, if the family is played to 10 generations, thereby creating a legacy (or more appropriately a dynasty) then they've succeeded. The point is to play to 10 generations above all else.
Yeah, I wish I'd started on a smaller lot and just taken the money away. I get hella lag on my Uglacy lot, especially at night when the ghosts are haunting and the lot's full of Sims.
2012-11-10 01:31 am (UTC)
7. I wish I had someone to do my college homework for me haha
8. That would've been fun. It would've been nice early on during Sims 2 as well.
9. I think it's pretty common to wonder this
13. I don't play GW2 but I do have another MMO that I play a lot more than Sims these days. It's just so much easier to jump into the game and play and not have to worry about taking pictures and updates and stuff... not to mention the problems with mods and downloads, and Sims/neighborhoods getting corrupted, and on and on. I think I'd play Sims more if there was less bullshit to have to deal with
14. That's kind of funny - don't think I'd do it though
18. I didn't vote either because I had moved and didn't get my voter info updated in time, but I kind of felt like a loser for not voting. I don't live in a swing state either, but I still wish I had voted.
19. Have you talked this over with her? That kind of situation tends to be frustrating for everyone involved. Maybe she's busy or has something going on that's keeping her from cleaning?
27. I'm sorry, anon. :( I hope things get better for you. I know the feeling, I'm usually the person people go to when they have problems, but when I was depressed everyone just pretty much blew me off. It really sucked.
2012-11-10 02:19 am (UTC)
That's the same reason for me, i'm the one who always helps others but then when I'm depressed, i get blown off.
2012-11-10 01:34 am (UTC)
15 in what universe does using aikea's preset for that shirt with red hair equal ripping off her sim? cause that's all i can see that these two sims have in common. they have completely different eyes, hairstyles, skintones, piercings and facial structures. seems like kind of a reach, op.
2012-11-10 01:36 am (UTC)
This was my thought too, they don't really look that similar.
I agree SO HARD with #4. You don't have to follow everyone who follows you! You can unfollow someone you like if they post a bunch of stuff you hate! (Or just a bunch of stuff you don't care about, for that matter, if it crowds out the stuff you like.) Blindly following back is a terrible idea.
005: :( I'm sorry you feel that way!
018: Don't states vote on a variety of propositions and candidates too though? I'm sad you don't care when there were human rights at stake.
023: omg I didn't know the reputation discount went both ways! I'm even more anxious to make a really horrible sim in my neighbourhood now to find out what the bad reputation disadvantages are :3
2012-11-11 12:35 am (UTC)
Yesss! Thank you! You vote for so much more on election day other than just presidential candidates, so I get so irritated when people don't vote AT ALL.
1. Whose Simblr, and are some of those items their downloads? Otherwise WCIF that far left hair? Aaaaand also those dresses. Need moar retro for my TS3.
9. tbh I'd be curious to try it for a day as well. It'd be neat to run up the stairs without having breasts bouncing around.
11. Aside from the comfort issues, that kind of cut looks flattering on no one. It accentuates all the funny angles of your hips rather than the nice ones.
14. I hate when you can't even view the available downloads without registering. It makes sense to make people register to be able to leave comments and such, lest you be plagued with spam from here to kingdom come, but just downloading? Eh. Seeing the downloads? *rageface*
18. There are local issues to vote on, too, you know. And senators and representatives and judges...And even if you're on the minority side for your state (I was), at least you can put your vote out there in the popular vote count.
26. If you can land a job in another location, though, you at least have a paycheck to look forward to cover your moving expenses. Difficulty level: if the job requires you interview in person on your own dime. And also the whole hard-to-find-people-hiring, thing, but that goes without saying. Can you get a volunteer gig or internship in something related to the line of work you'd like? That's how I got my job: started volunteering, explaining (not immediately) that actually I was a degree-having, job-seeking unemployed person, and after a few months it worked out that that turned into a (low-grade) job, which got my foot in the door in the system which helped me to get a Real Job with them. Or convince some place to take you on as an intern (unpaid), which at least keeps your hand in the game for your desired career...and again, networking opportunities and reference-building. People tend to want to help you, especially if you aren't actively begging them for a job while also actively demonstrating that you're competent, enthusiastic, and so on.
2012-11-10 02:15 am (UTC)
I have done a few internships, it's just that my Major is really hard to find jobs for around here. The internships I have done I did go back and ask if any of those companies were looking and sent in applications. They just don't seem to be looking.
2012-11-10 02:10 am (UTC)
09. THAT's what the "cissexism" warning was about? I'm fucking done. Never thought I'd miss naughtydolphin.
I don't think it was meant to be taken seriously.
9 - That sounds like it could be fun.
11 - Looks like some 90s style shit.
2012-11-10 02:17 am (UTC)
"90s style" = oxymoron
18. You should care. It's a privilege and a right to vote in elections (some people literally risk their lives for the chance to vote, oh yes, I played that card). Government policies will affect you: your taxes, the jobs that are available to you, your health, your education, your marriage, etc. etc.
In any case, you shouldn't be too complacent when our elected officials are in power. They should answer to the people so the least we can do is keep informed and have at least some kind of personal opinion that you don't have to argue with people about unless you want to. And unless it's for bigoted reasons (i.e. don't want a black man to be president, don't want gays to marry, don't like that guys religion, rich people suck, etc. etc, to which I say just stay home then), then I feel it is important to excercise your vote.
To tie it remotely into Sims: remember SOPA? :p
Edited at 2012-11-10 02:23 am (UTC)
2012-11-10 02:32 am (UTC)
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. Do not allow evil to triumph. Do not do sit by and do nothing.
Oooh, lots of secrets again this week! Awesome! and i wrote so much shit too woooooooo
6. To add to what peasant007
already said, the TS2 of 2006 (when the legacy challenge was made) and the TS2 of now are waaaaaay different. There's so much custom content now that's dirt cheap or free that the few grand you get at the start of a legacy can go a very, very long way. I'm pretty sure that in the original rules, custom content was right-out banned but what fun is that? Personally I think that playing/reading a legacy where the founder starts out with basically nothing is the most fun, but not everyone's gonna play that way.
8. OMG DEETS PLEASE. I was reading through some old TS1 player guides I had as a kid, and was shocked to find references to TSR and other custom content sites when they were basically in their infancy! It got me thinking about what sort of drama and stuff must've happened in the TS1 community, since I was never a part of it.
19. Some people like to treat their roommates as nannies; I saw it a LOT in college. I don't know what'll get through to your roommate if talking to her or making schedules does nothing, other than giving up and letting her (and you) live in a pigsty until she caves in and pitches in with housework. Good luck, I know it's tough! :(
20. Hey, how did you know? ;D I haven't read /cgl/ in a loooooong time though. Between that and the old lolita secrets, I had SUCH a good time. Great entertainment!
23. OMG that popup, LOL
24. Trapping-crushes links to Honeywell's stuff a lot and it's all SO GOOD. ♥ I just downloaded that like half an hour ago and I can't wait to put it in my game.
26. I know it's disparaging but don't listen to anyone who calls you "lazy"; this job market is shit and you're making the best of it. I hope things look up for you and you end up landing that fulltime job!
27. :( Is there a therapist or peer group you can talk to? I don't know how old you are or what your options are, but if you need someone to hear you out, try those.
2012-11-10 05:06 pm (UTC)
I'm a fan of Honeywell's stuff too and she's always so nice. :) You can tell she puts a lot of effort into what she makes and I love that not once have I been misled by her pictures, if anything it's nicer ingame. Keep up the good work Honeywell!
1. who's simblr is this and do they make stuff for ts2?
4. at first i thought this was bitchy, but ia.
it doesn't matter that i don't know you because i already know that this is a lie. depression loves nothing more than to get in your head and convnice you that all of its bs is true. i know you think it's hard to believe, and that it feels pointless, but you don't have to fall for this. you deserve more. it is possible.
6. thank you for this information.
8. hell yes! i recently found out violet kitty had an ed entry and was totally floored.
9. lol, me too.
19. you need to sit down and talk to her about this. it's your house too, and it's not fair that she won't clean up her shit.
26. all i can say it won't be like this forever and that i'm sorry your parents(?) aren't being more supportive right now. keep looking and something will eventually work out.
27. you sound like me. can you get your emotions out through journaling, or art, or something like that? if you don't think you could ever talk to your friends and family about how you feel, would you be interested in finding a support group in your area? and if you don't feel comfortable doing that, you can talk to me. if you want.
29. whatever's comfortable.
(omg you always use so many awesome Drag Race gifs, I have the biggest collection now)
Isn't that ED article about Violet totally nuts?? I remember reading her stuff on the exchange years ago so finding that was such a trip.
6. I do what I want.
I thought the point of a Legacy was ten generations, not strictly following rules but okie doke
Edited at 2012-11-10 02:59 am (UTC)
Let's do what we want together.
We can be total Loki up in herr. ;-D
1. I love her! I follow her all the time! It's a shame I don't have TS3 for me to download her stuff!
8. I was too young to really get into that community! I wish I saw how everything was!
9. That would be interesting!
21. That's so cute and funny! :)
28. LOVE this! Victoria and George really needs more love! I'm setting up a Victorian game myself! Really couldn't do it without them!
2012-11-10 10:19 am (UTC)
1. So who is she? name or link pretty please! =)
09: It's awesome, trust me.
2012-11-10 03:51 am (UTC)
I'm really, really confused about the cissexism warning. Why is it there?
number 9. it's cissexist to assume that everyone with a dick considers themself to be a guy. i think.
1. Someone needs to tell me what simblr that is!
Edited at 2012-11-10 04:24 am (UTC)
#9 LOVE it! "would everyone please stop saying cock, it provokes my envy!"
#11 Very uncomfortable camel toe.
#12 I was just thinking about this the other day. People go on and on about how limiting sims can be when it comes to body shapes yet I rarely see anyone with overweight sims as main characters in stories or legacies
#18 I feel ya
#19 you need a hug
#25 I love that little lilac pink arm reaching for the candles! So adorable.
#28 Agreed. I wish I was able to post on here but I never find anything first.
#30 Hey girl, take time off if that's what you need. While we all love your sims and their stories, you'll only grow to resent them if you push yourself too much :)
2012-11-11 01:42 am (UTC)
Hehe yep she's my only Alien this generation (and is FREAKEN ADORABLE)... Unless her dad somehow gets abducted again... hmmm?
2012-11-10 06:28 am (UTC)
*Note to self: I can complain about absolutely anything in a SimSecret as long as:
A) It's not about someone else,
B)I have a picture of a Sim in the background.
Makes me wonder how on earth a secret actually PERTAINING to The Sims Community (bullying issue aside for the moment,) is listed under "Unposted Secrets" when mysteriously #18 #26 #27 made the cut.
(To avoid any misunderstandings, I'd like to make clear that this comment isn't directed at the anonymous posters, nor at the content of their secrets- I'm just not understanding why there seems to be an obviously biased censorship happening in regards to which secrets get posted.)
2012-11-10 02:00 pm (UTC)
*Note to self: I can complain about absolutely anything in a SimSecret as long as:
A) It's not about someone else,
B)I have a picture of a Sim in the background.
Add to that certain words. Like last week when a secret was posted for using the word "-clique" and before that (during ND times) there were secrets accepted for using words like "theme" and "spock". Troll faces are also totally sim related apparently.
We should start listing all "obviously-sim-related" keywords and memes...
2012-11-10 07:09 am (UTC)
4. Actually yes. That's the point of making a simblr, for Sims posts. If you want a personal blog, make a personal blog. Nobody's going to yell at you for that, but if you're going to make a Simblr...MAKE A FUCKING SIMBLR.
2012-11-10 12:49 pm (UTC)
Again with the dictating. How about you just unfollow people if they post stuff you don't want to see? Oh wait, you wouldn't have nearly as much to bitch about then.
2012-11-10 07:19 am (UTC)
06 - I didn't know that, but then I've never played a legacy, so...
09 - I suspect that is true for most of the female population.
11 - I see camel toe.
14 - I don't register to see downloads either. If they want people to jump through hoops. I guess they don't really want anyone to see, let alone download their stuff. *backbutton and move on*
17 - Sims 2 and 3 both have their good points. I play 2 wishing it had some of the things 3 had and vice versa, but I mostly play 2.
18 - I didn't vote either, but then I'm not American. P
21 - LOL. Cannot unsee! (He's a sims fan?)
27 - ((hugs))
28 - ((hugs))
30 - Real life ALWAYS comes first. If you can't feel you can do it, just let it slide for a while. You are not abandoning anyone. ((hugs))
2012-11-10 07:23 am (UTC)
Now I read the comments I can see that you can play the legacy without a 5x5 lot. If I ever did play a legacy that would be just as well because my game tends to crash if the lot is too big. :P
2012-11-10 08:44 am (UTC)
What the hell's #2 and 3 about???
2012-11-10 09:00 pm (UTC)
no one replied. :,(
2012-11-10 09:04 am (UTC)
OMG all these fat Ass Sims! LOL!
2012-11-10 09:22 am (UTC)
so what is with all the fat secrets this week?
2012-11-10 09:09 am (UTC)
17. No it's not.